It so happens that there is a war going on in Ukraine. All the rules and laws of martial law apply to every citizen and guest of the country.
In Kyiv, as well as in other cities of the country, absolutely everyone is exposed to danger, including car drivers.
The market of car rental in Kyiv is not idle even in such times, and people actively use the service.
In this material the company "AutoArenda" will give some tips and recommendations on the safety of movement for its clients, and for all drivers of motor transport of the capital and other cities.
In wartime conditions, the air alarm in Kyiv should be given special attention.
Actions of the driver of the car at the air alarm in Kyiv
In the event of an alarm, while driving a car, you should take the following actions:
- Honk five long beeps, in order to notify other road users about the beginning of the alarm.
- Remain calm and do not panic. Remember that panic can lead to improper actions and jeopardize your safety. From the start of the air alert to the immediate danger, in most cases there is time to seek shelter.
- Stop your vehicle at the side of the road. Get out of the car and find the nearest shelter: these may be "points of nezlamnosti" (never give up points), bomb shelters, subway passages, subway stations, parking lots equipped for shelter. If you can't find any of these places, just lie face down on the ground and cover your head with your hands. This will help protect you from shrapnel and other debris.
- If you are in a car with children or other passengers, make sure they know what to do in the event of an air raid. Explain to them that they should perform the same actions as you.
- After the end of the air alarm has been declared, you may return to the vehicle and give three signals.
Useful links in case of an air alert in Kyiv
1. interactive map of air alerts in Ukraine https://alerts.in.ua
2. Interactive map of bomb shelters in Kyiv.
3. interactive map of Ukraine's indestructibility points
Hopefully, these instructions will help you stay safe during an air raid.