Many drivers think that nothing serious will happen, if they have many years of driving experience or they feel their car. Truly speeking, it can happen at any time inconveniet time, your car can be damaged and, even if you are not guilty in the accident, you will have to pay some sum of money.
That is why we are presenting you a list of actions that you must do if you have an accident:
- Calm down and act in a coldblooded way. From this very rule all your depend all of your actions. If you are nervous, you will make big mistakes that will cost you a lot.
- Do not hide from the place of an accident. If you drive for at least a meter, the insurance company will pay you nothing. Towards the insurance company: buy third party liability insurance and fully comprehensive insurance. Every driver or a car owner must have third party liability insurance. This insurance covers all the damages not on your car, but another participant of the road traffic accident. Fully comprehensive insurance is not obligatory. It is more expensive but the insurance company will compensate you for all the damages on your car. And in case if your car will be stolen, you will be paid a total cost of the car. If course you may not buy fully comprehensive insurance, but then you will have to pay for all the damages on your own.
- Call to the insurance company and the police. The accident must be fixated. If you got into a road traffic accident on the rented car, then it is obligatory for you to call the car rental company and tell the operators about the accident. They can also call the police and the insurance company instead of you if you cannot do it on your own.
- Wait for the police to come to place of an accident. No matter how many times you have told the insurance company and the car rental company about an accident, the police must fixate everything on their own. You must stay even if you are in a hurry to some other place, even if you are late, etc.
- Do not forget to get the contacts of the witnesses.
- Finally yet importantly – have a medical test on the presence / absence of the alcohol in your body.